Established in 1977, OnSite is part of SSI Services (UK) Ltd, a division of South Staffordshire Plc and has grown through strategic acquisition and organic expansion to become one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist contracting services.
Our waterways division provides an extensive range of engineering services and solutions including:
- Supply and installation of temporary dams
- Culvert maintenance
- Fish and amphibian rescue
- Wet civils
- Headwall re-construction
- Emergency canal breach response
- Trash screen design installation and maintenance
- Penstock design installation and maintenance
Our newest service offering for inland waterways asset owners is the management of nutrient pollution/loading and eutrophication effects
OnSite has partnered with technology international provider Phoslock Environmental Technologies (PET) to be their preferred applicator of an inert product which bonds to phosphorous and removes it from a body of water inhibiting eutrophication.
Phoslock Environmental Technologies Limited specialises in engineering solutions and water treatment products to remediate polluted lakes, rivers, canals and drinking water reservoirs. Headquartered in Melbourne, PET has offices globally including in Woking (UK) and Casper, Wyoming (USA). PET also has registered entities in Canada and Belgium, and manufacturing and sales operations based in Changxing (China). PET is represented by licensees, distributors and agents in numerous countries including OnSite in the UK.
OnSite and PET are partnering to help asset owners with the management of nutrient pollution/loading and eutrophication effects via two proven technologies:
- Phoslock® – a proprietary and unique water treatment product that permanently binds excess phosphorus in the water column and sediments.
- Phosflow™ – safely removes phosphorus from moving freshwater sources including stormwater, agricultural runoff, and municipal wastewater.
OnSite will also be showing our innovative PortaDam temporary dam system utilised to create dry, safe working environments in inland waterways to facilitate inspection, maintenance or repair/replacement works on assets which are in water.
Come and see us at Flood & Water Live 2023 in the exhibition Hall on stands EX13 and EX14 and discuss these services and more with our friendly team of experts.